The Center for STEM Education kicked off its 2017 Young Scholars Program on June 26, 2017, with 26 budding scientists and engineers from high schools at a variety of cities and towns in the Greater Boston area.
You are here
- Research Associate, University of Maryland, 2012-2015
- Postdoctoral Researcher, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 2009-2011
- PhD, South China University of Technology, 2004-2009
- Exchange PhD student, Western Michigan University, 2007-2008
- Zhu, H., Zhu, S., Jia, Z., Parvinian, S., Li, Y., Li, T., Hu, L. Anomalous Scaling Law of Strength and Toughness of Cellulose Nanopaper. Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), 2015, 112(29), 8971-8976.
- Zhu, H.*, Luo, W., Ciesielski, P., Fang, Z., Himmel, M., Zhu, J., Henriksson, G., Hu, L.*. Wood-Derived Materials for Green Electronics, Sustainable Energy, and Biological Applications. Review proposal is accepted, Chemical Reviews, Chemical Reviews, 2016.
- Geng, X., Sun, W., Wu, W., Chen, B., Al-Hilo, A., Benamara, M., Zhu, H., Watanabe, F., Cui, J., & Chen, T., Pure and stable metallic phase molybdenum disulfide nanosheets for hydrogen evolution reaction, Nature Communications, 2016.
- Zhu, H., Li, Y., Fang, Z., Xu, J., Wan, J., Dai, J., Yang, B., Hu, L.*. Highly Thermally Conductive Films with Percolative Layered Boron Nitride Nanosheets. ACS Nano. 2014, 8(4):3606-13.
- Zhu, H., Fang, Z., Preston, C., Li, Y., Hu, L.*. Transparent Paper Fabrications, Properties, and Device Applications. Energy and Environmental Science. 2013, 269 - 287.
- Zhu, H., Jia, Z., Chen, Y., Weadock, N., Wan, J., Vaaland, O., Han, X., Li, T., Hu, L. *. Tin Anode for Sodium-Ion Batteries Using Natural Wood Fiber as a Mechanical Buffer and Electrolyte Reservoir. Nano Letters, 2013(7): 3093-3100.
- Zhu, H., Xiao, Z., Liu, D., Li, Y., Weadock, N.J., Fang, Z., Huang, J., Hu, L.*. Biodegradable Transparent Substrates for Flexible Organic-Light-Emitting Diodes, Energy and Environmental Science, 2013, 6, 2105-2111.
- Bao, W., Wan, J., Han, X., Cai, X., Zhu, H., Kim, D., Xu, Y., Munday, J., Drew, H. D., Fuhrer, M., Hu, L. *. Lithium-Intercalated Few Layer Graphene: Approaching the Limits of Transparency and Conductivity in Graphene-based Materials. Nature Communications, 2014, 5, 4224.
- C. Sun, H. Zhu, M. Okada, K. Gaskell, Y. Inoue, L. Hu, Y. Wang "Interfacial Oxygen Stabilizes Composite Silicon Anodes", Nano Letters, 15(1), 2015, 703-708
- Y. Li, H. Zhu, F. Shen, J. Wan, Z. Liu, S. Lacey, Z. Fang, H. Dai, L. Hu "Nanocellulose Fibers as Green Dispersant for Two Dimensional Materials", Nano Energy, 2015, 346-354
- J. Zhong, H. Zhu, Q. Zhong, J. Dai, W. Li, L. Hu, J. Zhou "Self-powered Human Interactive Transparent Nanopaper Systems", ACS Nano, 9(7), 2015, 7399-7406
- W. Bao, Z. Fang, J. Wan, J. Dai, H. Zhu, X. Yang, C. Preston, L. Hu "Aqueous Gating of Van der Waals Materials on Bilayer Nanopaper", ACS Nano, 2014, 10606-10612
- Z. Fang, H. Zhu, W. Bao, C. Preston, Z. Liu, J. Dai, Y. Li, L. Hu "Highly Transparent Paper with Tunable Haze for Green Electronics", Energy and Environmental Science, 7, 2014, 3313-3319
- Y. Li, H. Zhu, F. Shen, J. Wan, X. Han, J. Dai, H. Dai, L. Hu "High conductive microfiber of graphene oxide templated carbonized cellulose", Advanced Functional Materials, 35(7), 2014, 1471-1479
- Y. Li, H. Zhu, S. Zhu, J. Wan, Z. Liu, O. Vaaland, S. Lacey, Z. Fang, H. Dai, T. Li, L. Hu "Hybridizing Wood Cellulose and Graphene Oxide Toward Highperformance Fibers", Nature-NPG Asia Materials, 7, 2014, e150
- H. Zhu, H. Wang, Y. Li, W. Bao, Z. Fang, C. Preston, Z. Barcikowski, O. Vaaland, Z. Ren, L. Hu "Lightweight, Conductive Hollow Fibers from Nature as
Sustainable Electrode Materials for Microbial Energy Harvesting", Nano Energy, 10, 2014, 268-276
Dr. Hongli (Julie) Zhu is currently an assistant professor at Northeastern University. From 2012 to 2015, she was a research associate at the University of Maryland, focusing on the research of nanomaterials and nanostructures, roll-to-roll nanomanufacturing, energy storage and conversion, and printed electronics. Dr. Hongli Zhu received her Ph.D. in Wood and Paper Science from the South China University of Technology-Western Michigan University Alliance in 2009. From 2009 to 2011, Dr. Hongli Zhu conducted research on materials science and processing of biodegradable and renewable biomaterials in the KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden. She has 10 years experiences in high speed roll to roll paper manufacturing, including various roll to roll coating and printing.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
MIE Assistant Professor Hongli Zhu 's research on Wood-Derived Materials for Green Electronics, Biological Devices, and Energy Applications was published in the Chemical Reviews journal. This...
23 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY17 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing over $600K dollars of investment in research.