MIE Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri's research on "Origami-based Building Blocks for Modular Construction of Foldable Structures" was published in Scientific Reports.
You are here
- PhD, Northeastern University, 2004
- 2015 COE Faculty Fellow
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research Young Investigator Award
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award, College of Engineering
- J Xiong, R. Ghosh, L. Ma., H. Ebrahimi,A. Vaziri, L. Wu, et al., Bending Behavior of Lightweight Sandwich-Walled Shells with Pyramidal Truss Cores, Composite Structures, 116, 2014, 793-804
- B. Haghpanah, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, et al., Buckling of Regular, Chiral, and Hierarchical Honeycombs Under a General Macroscopic Stress State, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 470(2167), 2014, 20130856
- R. Ghosh, H. Ebrahimi, A. Vaziri, Contact Kinematics of Biomimetic Scales, Applied Physics Letters, 2014, 105.23, 233701
- R. Ghosh, A. Ajdari, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, et al., Impact Resistance and Energy Absorption of Regular and Functionally Graded Hexagonal Honeycombs with Cell Wall Material Strain Hardening, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 89, 2014, 413-422
- R. Oftadeh, B. Haghpanah, D. Vella, A. Boudaoud, A. Vaziri, Optimal Fractal-Like Hierarchical Honeycombs, Physical Review Letters, 113, 2014, 104301
- H. Abdi, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A.M.S. Hamouda, A. Vaziri, Torsional Dynamic Response of a Shaft with Longitudinal and Circumferential Cracks, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 136, 2014, 61011-61018
- R. Ghosh, A. Kumar, A. Vaziri, Type-IV Pilus Deformation Can Explain Retraction Behavior, PLOS ONE, 2014, 9, 114613
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
MIE Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri's research on " Origami-based cellular metamaterial with auxetic, bistable, and self-locking properties " was published in Scientific Reports...
MIE Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri’s research on “Lattice Materials with Reversible Foldability” was featured on the cover of Advanced Engineering Materials.