MIE Professor Hamid Nayab-Hashemi and Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri were published in Scientific Reports for their article on " Curved Beam Computed Tomography based Structural Rigidity...
You are here
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, 1982, MIT
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, 1979, MIT
- BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering, 1975, Tehran University, Iran
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- J. A. Renick, A. Nazarian, V. Entezarim J. Kimbaris, A. Tseng, A. Masoud, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, B. Snyder, "Finite Element Analysis and Computed Tomography Based Structural Rigidity Analysis of Rat Tibia with Simulated Lytic Defects", J. of Biomechanics, 2013
- A. Marzban, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, "Numerical Simulation of Load-Induced Bone Structural Remodeling Using Stress-Limit Criterion", Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, 2013
- P. Bloori-Zadeh, S. C. Corbett, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, "Effects of Fluid Flow Shear Rate and Surface Roughness on the Calcification of Polymeric Heart Valve Leaflet", Material Science and Engineering C 33, 2013, p 2770-2775
- P. Bloori-Zadeh, S. C. Corbett, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, "In-Vitro Calcification Study of Polyurethane Heart Valves", Material Science and Engineering C 35, 2013
- J. Papadopoulos, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, et al. 'Buckling of Regular, Chiral and Hierarchical Honeycombs Under a General Macroscopic Stress State", Proceedings of The Royal Society A, 470(2167), 2014, 1-23
- S. Banijamali, A. Vaziri, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, et al. "Effects of Different Loading Patterns on the Trabecular Bone Morphology of the Proximal Femur Using Adaptive Bone Remodeling", Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, ASME, 137(1), 2014, 1-10
- A. Ajdari, A.Hamouda, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, et al. "Impact Resistance and Energy Absorption of Regular and Functionally Graded Hexagonal Honeycombs with Cell Wall Material Strain Hardening", International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 89, 2014, 413-422
- J.Papadopoulos, A. Hamouda, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A.Vaziri, et al. "Mechanics of Anisotropic Hierarchical Honeycombs, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 81, 2014, 126-136
- H. Abdi, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Hammuda, A. Vaziri, et al. "Torsional Dynamic Response of Shaft with Longitudinal and Circumferential Cracks", Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, ASME, 136(6), 2014, 1-8
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
Two of MIE Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri's research papers were among the most cited articles of the International Journal of Solids and Structures Articles.
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering faculty members’s Jim Papadopoulos, Hamid Nayeb-Hashemi, Ashkan Vaziri, and PhD students Babak Haghpanah & Davood Mousanezhad were featured on the...