MIE Associate Professor Marilyn Minus was awarded a five-year $1.25M Air Force Office of Scientific Research Grant for "Forming True Blends: Developing New Processing Routes for Polymer-Based Nano-Composites."
You are here
- PhD (2008), Polymer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 2017 Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award
- 2014 NSF CAREER Award
- 2008 Outstanding Symposium Paper Award, Materials Research Society
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Polymer Structures, Processing, and Properties
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering (SAMPE)
- Y. Zhang, N. Tajaddod, K. Song, M.L. Minus, Low Temperature Graphitization of Interphase Polyacrylonitrile (PAN), Carbon, 91, 2015, 479-493
- J. Meng, N. Tajaddod, S.W. Cranford, M.L. Minus, Polyethylene Assisted Exfoliation of Hexagonal Boron Nitride in Composite Fibers: A Combined Experimental and Computational Study, Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 216(8), 2015, 847-855
- Y. Zhang, M.L. Minus, Characterization and Structural Analysis of Solution-Grown Polyacrylonitrile-co-Methacrylic Acid (PAN-co-MAA) Single Crystals, Macromolecules, 47(12), 2014, 3987-3996
- E.C. Green, Y. Zhang, M.L. Minus, Understanding the Effects of Nano-Carbons on Flexible Polymer Chain Orientation and Crystallization: Polyethylene/Carbon Nano-Chip Hybrid Fibrillar Crystal Growth, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 131(18), 2014, 40763
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
MIE Associate Professor Marilyn Minus was selected by Georgia Tech's College of Engineering Council to receive an Outstanding Young Engineering Alumni Award for her research contributions and...
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2016-2017 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Edward Beighley, CEE...