MIE Associate Professor Marilyn Minus was selected by Georgia Tech's College of Engineering Council to receive an Outstanding Young Engineering Alumni Award for her research contributions and...
You are here
- PhD (2008), Polymer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 2017 Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award
- 2014 NSF CAREER Award
- 2008 Outstanding Symposium Paper Award, Materials Research Society
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Polymer Structures, Processing, and Properties
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering (SAMPE)
- Y. Zhang, N. Tajaddod, K. Song, M.L. Minus, Low Temperature Graphitization of Interphase Polyacrylonitrile (PAN), Carbon, 91, 2015, 479-493
- J. Meng, N. Tajaddod, S.W. Cranford, M.L. Minus, Polyethylene Assisted Exfoliation of Hexagonal Boron Nitride in Composite Fibers: A Combined Experimental and Computational Study, Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 216(8), 2015, 847-855
- Y. Zhang, M.L. Minus, Characterization and Structural Analysis of Solution-Grown Polyacrylonitrile-co-Methacrylic Acid (PAN-co-MAA) Single Crystals, Macromolecules, 47(12), 2014, 3987-3996
- E.C. Green, Y. Zhang, M.L. Minus, Understanding the Effects of Nano-Carbons on Flexible Polymer Chain Orientation and Crystallization: Polyethylene/Carbon Nano-Chip Hybrid Fibrillar Crystal Growth, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 131(18), 2014, 40763
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2016-2017 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Edward Beighley, CEE...
ECE Professor Bradley Lehman, MIE Associate Professor Marilyn Minus, Assistant Dean Richard Harris, and STEM Director Claire Duggan were awarded a 5-year $5M NSF grant to develop a "Student Pathways Opening World Energy Resources (S-POWER)" program.