Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2016-2017 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Edward Beighley, CEE...
You are here
- PhD (2008), Polymer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- NSF CAREER Award (2014)
- Outstanding Symposium Paper Award (2008), Materials Research Society
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Polymer Structures, Processing, and Properties
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering (SAMPE)
- Emily C. Green, Yiying Zhang, and Marilyn L. Minus, “Understanding the Effects of Nanocarbons on Flexible Polymer Chain Orientation and Crystallization Polyethylene/Carbon Nanochip Hybrid Fibrillar Crystal Growth”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, (2014) Accepted.
- Jiangsha Meng, Yiying Zhang, Kenan Song, and Marilyn L. Minus, “Forming Crystalline Polymer-Nano Interphase Structures for High-Modulus and High-Tensile/Strength Composite Fibers”, Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, vol. 229, (2014) pp. 144-153.
- Yiying Zhang, Kenan Song, Jiang Sha Meng, and Marilyn L. Minus, “Tailoring Polyacrylonitrile Interfacial Morphological Structure by Crystallization in the Presence of Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 13, no. 5, (2013) pp. 807-814.
- Kenan Song, Yiying Zhang, Jiangsha Meng, Emily C. Green, Navid Tajaddod, Heng Li, and Marilyn L. Minus, “Structural Polymer-based Carbon Nanotube Composite Fibers: Understanding the Processing-Structure-Performance Relationship”, Materials, vol. 6, (2013) pp. 2543-2577.
- Kenan Song, Yiying Zhang, Jiangsha Meng, and Marilyn L. Minus, “Lubrication of Poly(vinyl alcohol) Chain Orientation by Carbon Nano-Chips in Composite Tapes”,Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol.127, no.4, (2012) pp. 2977-2982.
- Y. Zhang, N. Tajaddod, K. Song, M.L. Minus "Low Temperature Graphitization of Interphase Polyacrylonitrile (PAN)", Carbon, 91, 2015, 479-493
- J. Meng, N. Tajaddod, S.W. Cranford, M.L. Minus "Polyethylene Assisted Exfoliation of Hexagonal Boron Nitride in Composite Fibers: A Combined Experimental & Computational Study", Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 216(8), 2015, 847-855
- Y. Zhang, M.L. Minus "Characterization and Structural Analysis of Solution-Grown Polyacrylonitrile-co-Methacrylic Acid (PAN-co-MAA) Single Crystals", Macromolecules, 47(12), 2014, 3987-3996
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE Professor Bradley Lehman, MIE Associate Professor Marilyn Minus, Assistant Dean Richard Harris, and STEM Director Claire Duggan were awarded a 5-year $5M NSF grant to develop a "Student Pathways Opening World Energy Resources (S-POWER)" program.
2016 Faculty and Staff Awards Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2015-2016 academic school year. Faculty...