As part of a $3.5M NSF grant led by Assistant Dean Richard Harris and MIE Professor Hameed Metghalchi, in collaboration with five other universities, a group of LSAMP Scholars participated for the first time in international research at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China.
You are here
- PhD (1980), Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MS (1977), Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- BS (1975), Oklahoma University
- 2014 ASME Edward F. Obert award
- Editor-in-Chief, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Journal of Energy Resources Technology
- Fellow of ASME
- 2011 ASME Harry Potter Award
- 2011 ASME Dedicated Service Award
- Member of Board of Editors of International Journal of Thermodynamics
- Undergraduate and graduate thermodynamics
- Combustion Fundamentals
- American Society Engineering Educators
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Fellow
- Combustion Institute
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Eisazadeh-Far, K., Moghaddas, A., Metghalchi, H., and Keck, J. C., "The Effect of Diluent on Flame Structure and Laminar Burning Speed of JP-8/Oxidizer/Diluent Premixed Flames’. Fuel 90 (2011) 1476-1486.
- Eisazadeh-Far, K., Metghalchi, H., and Keck, J.C., "Thermodynamic properties of Ionized Gases at High Temperatures". ASME Journal of Energy Resources and Technology, June 2011, Vol. 133.
- Moghaddas, A., Eisazadeh-Far, K., and Metghalchi, M., "Laminar Burning Speed Measurement of Premixed n-decane/air Mixtures Using Spherically Expanding Flames at High Temperatures and Pressures". Combustion and Flame 159 (2012) 1437-1443.
- Beretta, G. P, Keck, J. C., Janbozorgi, M., and Metghalchi, H, "The Rate-Controlled Constrained-Equilibrium Approach to Far-From-Local Equilibrium Thermodynamics". Entropy 2012, 14(2), 92-130; doi:10.3390/e14020092.
- Janbozorgi, M. and Metghalchi, H., "Rate-Controlled Constrained-Equilibrium (RCCE) Modeling of Expansion of Combustion Products in a Supersonic Nozzle". AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 28, No. 4 July-August 2012.
- Moghaddas, A., Bennett, C., Eisazadeh-far, K. and Metghalchi, H, "Measurement of Laminar Burning Speed and Determination of Onset of Autoignition of Jet-A/Air and JP-8/Air Mixtures in a Constant Volume Spherical Chamber". ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology, June 2012, Vol. 134.
- Sheikhi, M.R.H, Safari, M. and Metghalchi, H., "Large Eddy Simulation for Local Entropy Generation Analysis of Turbulent Flows". ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology, December 2012, Vol. 134041603.
- Askari, O., Metghalchi, M., Moghaddas, A., Hannani, S. K., and Ebrahimi, R., "Fundamental Study of Spray and Partially Premixed Combustion Characteristics of Methane/Air Mixture". ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology, June 2013, Vol135 No. 2 021001.
- O. Askari, M. Janbozorgi, R. Greig, A. Moghaddas, H. Metghalchi "Developing Alternative Approaches to Predicting the Laminar Burning Speed of Refrigerants Using the Minimum Ignition Energy", Science and Technology for the Built Environment, 21(2), 2015, 220-227
- G. Nicolas, H. Metghalchi "Comparison Between RCCE and Shock Tube Ignition Delay Time at Low Temperatures", ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 137, 2015, e062203
- G. Nicolas, M. Janbozorgi, H. Metghalchi "Constrained-equilibrium Modeling of Methane Oxidation in Air", ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 136(3), 2014, 1-7
- A. Moghaddas, C. Bennett, E. Rokni, H. Metghalchi "Laminar Burning Speeds and Flame Structures of Mixtures of Difluoromethane (HFC-32) and 1,1 Difluoroethane (HCF-152a) with Air at Elevated Temperatures and Pressures", HVAC&R Research, 20, 2014, 42-50
- O. Askari, H. Metghalchi, S.K. Hannani, H. Hemmati, R. Ebrahimi "Lean Partially Premixed Combustion Investigation of Methane Direct-injection under Different Characteristic Parameters", ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 136, 2014, 1-7
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
Energy Systems master’s students, Keyur Jigyasu and Emilda Totozani, were selected as one of only twelve finalist teams globally in the Go Green in the City competition by Schneider Electric focusing on the innovative energy solutions for smart cities.
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Professor Hameed Metghalchi was selected to receive the American Society of Mechanical Engineers ( ASME ) Edward F. Obert award for outstanding paper on...