Congratulations to the 2015 winners of the COE Faculty and Staff Awards.
You are here
- PhD (1980), Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Industrial Engineering Professor of the Year Award, 2004
- Industrial Engineering Professor of the Year Award, 2003
- Member of Board of Editors of International Journal of Operational Research
- Member of Board of Editors of Sensor Networks
- Member of Board of Editors of Journal of Mathematical Modeling and Algorithms in Operations Research
- Deterministic and Probabilistic Operations Research
- Network Optimization
- Multi-Criteria Optimization
- Decision Sciences Institute
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (Senior Member)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Zaarour, N., Melachrinoudis, E., and Solomon, M., "Maximizing revenue of end of life items in retail stores", European Journal of Operational Research 255, pp.133–141, 2016.
- Zaarour, N., Melachrinoudis, E., Solomon, M., and Min, H., "The Optimal Determination of the Collection Period for Returned Products in the Sustainable Supply Chain,"International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications 17, pp. 35-45, 2014.
- Heydari, R., and Melachrinoudis, E., "Location of an Obnoxious Facility with Elliptic Maximin and Network Minisum Objectives," European Journal of Operational Research223, pp. 452-460, 2012.
- Mekuria, M., Furth, P., and Melachrinoudis, E., "Optimization of Spacing of Transit Stops on a Realistic Street Network," Transportation Research Record 4, pp. 29-37, 2012.
- Melachrinoudis, E., "The Location of Undesirable Facilities," Chapter 10, in: Eiselt, H.A., and Marianov, V. (eds.). Foundations of Location Analysis, International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, Springer, New York, pp. 207-239, 2010.
- Santivanez, J., Melachrinoudis, E., and Helander, M., "Network Location of a Reliable Center Using the Most Reliable Route Policy," Computers and Operations Research 36, pp.1437-1460, 2009.
- Basagni, S., Carosi, A., Melachrinoudis, E., Petrioli, C., and Wang, M.Z., "Controlled Sink Mobility for Prolonging Wireless Sensor Networks Lifetime," Wireless Networks 14, pp. 831-858, 2008.
- Xanthopulos, Z., Melachrinoudis, E., and Solomon, M., "Interactive Multiobjective Group Decision Making with Interval Parameters," Management Science 46, pp. 1585-1601, 2000.
- Helander, M.E., and Melachrinoudis, E., "Facility Location and Reliable Route Planning in Hazardous Material Transportation," Transportation Science 31, pp. 216-226, 1997.
- Melachrinoudis, E., and Helander, M.E., "A Single Facility Location Problem on a Tree with Unreliable Edges," Networks 27, pp. 219-237, 1996.
- Melachrinoudis, E., "A Discrete Location Assignment Problem with Congestion," IIE Transactions 26, pp. 83-89, 1994.
- E. Melachrinoudis, E. Yavuz, R. Heydari "An O(m¬2+mn2) Algorithm for the Bi-objective Location Problem on a Network with Mixed Metrics", International Journal of Operational Research, 23, 2015, 427-450
- E. Melachrinoudis, H. Min, C. Selneck "A Decision Support System for Developing the Managerial Policy of Urban Paratransit Services: A Case Study of the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority", Journal of Transportation Management, 24, 2014, 37-62
- N. Zaarour, E. Melachrinoudis, M. Solomon, H. Min "A Reverse Logistics Network Model for Handling Returned Products", International Journal of Engineering Business Management, 6, 2014, 1-10
Research & Scholarship Interests
Deterministic operations research and multi-criteria optimization; facility location; supply chain, transportation and logistics; wireless sensor network lifetime maximization with sink mobility; network design for maximum survivability
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
See Google Scholar Profile for all publications »
May 5, 2015
March 23, 2015
IE PhD student Ruhollah Heydari received the Best PhD Student Presentation Award at the 2015 Northeast Decision Sciences Institute Conference (NEDSI).