MIE/ECE Assistant Professor Jose Martinez-Lorenzo, ECE Professor Tommaso Melodia, ECE Professor Kaushik Chowdhury, ECE/MIE Professor Hanumant Singh, and CCIS/ECE Affiliated Faculty Chris Amato were awarded a $1.5M Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) grant for "Robust Decentralized Classification and Coordination Algorithms for Swarms of SUAS."
You are here
- Compressive sensing and modeling using mechanical and electromagnetic waves
- Computational methods for differential and integral equations
- Physics-based signal processing, imaging and optimization
- Radar system specification and design, including antenna optimization
- Subsurface scattering analysis in biomedical and geophysical applications
- Explosives detection: portal-based, standoff-based, and underground-based
- Multimodal breast cancer detection: x-ray and thermoacoustic-tomography
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) using mechanical and electromagnetic waves
- Micro-sized microwave atmospheric sounding satellites
- PhD (2005), Electrical Engineering, University of Vigo (Spain)
- "Best Paper Award" on the 2012 IEEE Homeland Security Technology Conference, Waltham, MA, for the paper: "A Compressed Sensing Approach for Detection of Explosive Threats at Standoff Distances using a Passive Array of Scatters."
- First prize on the 2012 National Security Innovation Competition (NSIC). Advisor for students that presented our research project: "Next Generation Millimeter-Wave Body Imaging for Concealed Threat Detection," University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (UCCS).
- Paper featured in the cover page: J. G. Meana, J. A. Martinez-Lorenzo, et al, "DIRECT: deterministic radio-electric coverage tool," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 53(2):135–145, April 2011.
- Paper featured in the cover page: J. A. Martinez-Lorenzo, et al. "ICARA: Induced Current Analysis of Reflector Antennas." IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 47(2):92–100, March 2005.
- Mathematical Methods for Engineers
- Statistics and Probability
- Electromagnetic and Acoustic Fields and Waves
- Antennas and Radiation
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers International (ASME)
- IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (AP-S)
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMB-S)
- IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRS-S)
- IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Society (AES-S)
- IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S)
- I.A. Osaretin, M.W. Shields, J.A. Martinez-Lorenzo, W.J. Blackwell, A Compact 118-GHz Radiometer Antenna for the Micro-Sized Microwave Atmospheric Satellite, IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, 13, 2014, 1533-1536
- Y. Rodriguez-Vaqueiro, C. Rappaport, J.A. Martinez-Lorenzo, et al., Fourier-Based Imaging for Multistatic Radar Systems, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 62(8), 2014, 1798-1810
- Y. Alvarez, J.A. Martinez-Lorenzo, C. Rappaport, et al., On the Combination of SAR and Model Based Techniques for High-Resolution Real-Time Two-Dimensional Reconstruction, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 62(10), 2014, 5180-5189
- Y. Rodriguez-Vaqueiro, J.A. Martinez-Lorenzo, On the use of Passive Reflecting Surfaces and Compressive Sensing Techniques for Detecting Security Threats at Standoff Distances, International Journal on Antennas and Propagation, 248351, 2014, 1-8
Research Interests include:
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Transportation Security Administration Administrator David Pekoske toured the Center for Awareness and Localization of Explosives-Related Threats (ALERT) on Friday to see if the technology...
MIE/ECE Assistant Professor Jose Martinez-Lorenzo was awarded a $546K Department of Energy grant for "Fusing Thermoacoustic, Electromagnetic and Acoustic/Seismic Wave Fields for Subsurface Characterization and Imaging of Flow Transport".
406 Egan Center
335 The Fenway