Associate Academic Specialist Jennifer Love and Center for STEM Education Director Claire Duggan recently published and presented their paper " STEAM Go! A School District’s Approach to...
You are here
- In Progress: EdD Doctorate in Education, Northeastern University
- MS (1997) Biomedical Engineering, University of Iowa
- BS (1993) Mechanical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Honorable Mention in the Vernier Engineering Contest, 2014
- The Effective or Innovative Use of Technology in Teaching Award – Course Enhancement. Awarded by Northeastern University's EdTech Center, Spring 2006.
- Ocif*, J., Sabick, M., "A shoe-mounted ultrasonic 3D motion tracking system for training and competition," U.S. Olympic Committee, Sports Science & Technology Division, Colorado Springs. Winner – Engineering Design Contest 1996.
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Love, J.O., Freeman, S.F., Jaeger-Helton, B.K., and Whalen, R. (2015) No lab? No shop? No problem: Intentional design of a First Year Engineering Learning Center with enlightening outcomes. American Society for Engineering Education Conference Proceedings, Seattle, WA, Paper ID#13479.
- Love, J, Freeman, S and Sullivan, D, (2014). What Sticks with First Year Engineering Students and Engineering Faculty in STEM Education Service-Learning Projects, Proceedings of American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Jennifer Ocif* (quoted in book on p.30) (2009). Engineers Make a Difference: Motivating Students to Pursue an Engineering Education, Baine, C. (ed.), Engineering Education Service Center, Springfield, OR, ISBN 978-0981930008.
- Hansberry, E. and Love, J. (2007). "The Multidisciplinary Environment of Engineering Design Graphics", Proceedings of American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference and Exposition.
- Cappaert, J., Ocif*, J., and Rich, B. (2005). "Inter & Intra-Subject Classifications of Outsole Wear in Running Shoes", Reebok International, International Society of Biomechanics Footwear Symposium Proceedings.
- Ocif*, J., Cappaert, J., and Rich, R., (2004). "A method for using an ultrasonic thickness gauge to assess outsole wear in running shoe".Northeast Bioengineering IEEE Conference Proceedings.
- Jennifer Ocif* (featured in chapter on pp. 10, 11, and 67) (2004). High Tech Hot Shots: Careers in Sports Engineering, Baine, C. (ed.), National Society of Professional Engineers, Alexandria, Virginia, ISBN 978-0915409235.
- Ocif*, J., Gardner, C., Albright, J., and Pope, M. (2000). "A Method for Analyzing Standing and Reactive Balance and Neuromuscular Responses of the Spine and Lower Extremities (Chapter 15)"Proprioception and Neuromuscular Control in Joint Stability, Lephart, S.M. and Fu, F.H. (ed.), Human Kinetics, Champaign, Illinois, ISBN 978-0880118644.
Reebok International (1997 - 2005): Performance Engineer/Sports Biomechanist in Reebok's Human Performance Engineering Lab.
Haemonetics Corporation (1993 - 1995): Research & Development Engineering in Haemonetics R&D Engineering department.
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2017-2018 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Guohao Dai, BioE...
FYELIC Associate Academic Specialist Jennifer Love will be leveraging her classroom experiences in problem-based learning (PBL), experiential learning, makerspaces, grades preK-20 STEM education, the...
20 West Village F Auditorium (basement level below NU Visitor Center)
142 ISEC (Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering Complex) - 805 Columbus Avenue
Cabral Center - John D. O'Bryant African American Institute