25 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY20 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 18 different projects representing up to $900K dollars of investment in research.
You are here
- Best Poster Award and Travel Award, the 13th U.S. National Congress on Computational Mechanics, 2015
- Graduate Fellowship, Columbia University, 2010-2015
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Associate Member
- United States Association for Computational Mechanics (USACM)
- Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI)
- H. Zhang, Y. Liu, H. Sun, S. Wu, Transient Dynamic Behavior of Polypropylene Fiber Reinforced Mortar Under Compressive Impact Loading, Construction and Building Materials, 111(0), 2016, 30-42
- Y. Liu, W. C. Sun, Z. Yuan, J. Fish, A Nonlocal Multiscale Discrete-Continuum Model for Predicting Mechanical Behavior of Granular Materials, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 106(2), 2016, 129-160
- Y. Liu, W. C. Sun, J. Fish, Determining Material Parameters for Critical State Plasticity Models Based on Multilevel Extended Digital Database, ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, 83(1), 2016, 011003
- H. Sun, D. Feng, Y. Liu, M.Q. Feng, Statistical Regularization for Identification of Structural Parameters and External Loadings Using State Space Models, Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 30(11), 2015, 843-858
- V. Filonova, Y. Liu, J. Fish. Singlescale and Multiscale Models of Polyurea and HighDensity Polyethylene (HDPE) Subjected to High Strain Rates, in Elastomeric Polymers with High Rate Sensitivity (Barsoum Ed.), 2015, 233-256
- Y. Liu, V. Filonova, N. Hu, Z. Yuan, J. Fish, Z. Yuan, T. Belytschko, A Regularized Phenomenological Multiscale Damage Model, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 99(12), 2014, 867-887
- M. Bailakanavar, Y. Liu, J. Fish, Y. Zheng. Automated modeling of random inclusion composites, Engineering with Computers, 30(4), 2014, 609-625
- V. Filonova, Y. Liu, M. Bailakanavar, J. Fish, Z. Yuan. Corotational formulation of reduced order homogenization, CMC: Computers, Materials & Continua, 34 (3), 2013, 177-198
Dr. Yang (Emily) Liu joined the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (MIE) at Northeastern University as an Assistant Professor in January 2018. She obtained her Ph.D., M.Phil. and M.S. degrees from Columbia University. Prior to joining Northeastern, she was a Visiting Assistant Professor (2017) at the University of Pittsburgh and a Postdoc Associate (2015-2017) at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The objective of her research is to develop advanced computational models, approaches and algorithms for understanding the multiscale/multiphysics behavior of complex materials and structures under complex loading environments, as well as for improving the design and exploration of new material/structure systems. Particularly, she focuses on the development of both theories and numerical algorithms for modeling and analysis of composites, granular materials, nanomaterials, metamaterials and biological materials across multiple length/temporal scales, within the framework of high performance computing, for broad applications in civil, mechanical and aerospace engineering, biomedical engineering, energy production, defense and disaster mitigation. Her research interests also lie in large scale impact and blast simulation and mechanics-encoded deep learning for material modeling. Dr. Liu is the receipt of the Best Poster Award the 13th U.S. National Congress on Computational Mechanics.