IE PhD student Jing Xu won the "Volpe Best Presentation Award" at the 2017 New England Chapter Human Factors and Ergonomics Society student research conference.
You are here
- PhD (2004), Mechanical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan
- Outstanding Paper Award (2013), IEEE Computational Intelligence Society
- Excellence in Research Award (2012), Northeastern University’s Research, Innovation and Scholarship Expo (RISE)
- Early Career Development Award (2011), College of Engineering, Northeastern University
- CAREER Award (2010), National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Best Methodology Award (2005), Human Factors and Ergonomics Society New England Chapter
- University Faculty Award (2004), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Best Paper Award (1997), International Society of Terrain-Vehicle System (ISTVS)
- Human factors engineering
- Biosensors and human behavior measurement
- Human factors and ergonomics in design applications
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
- S. Radhakrishnan, Y. Lin, A. Zeid, S. Kamarthi, "Design, Evaluation and Implementation of Gesture based functions for CAD modeling system using the Multitouch interface", International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 71 (3), 261-275 (2013)
- H. Cai and Y. Lin, "Coordinating Cognitive Assistances with Cognitive Engagement Control Approaches in Human-Machine Interactions", IEEE Trans. On Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part A: Humans and Systems, 42(2), 286-294 (2012)
- A. Altaboli and Y. Lin, "Investigating Effects of Screen Layout Elements on Interface and Screen Design Aesthetics", Advances in Human-Computer Interaction, Vol. 2011, Article ID 659758, 10 pages, doi:10.1155/2011/659758 (2011)
- Y. Lin, "A Natural Contact Sensor Paradigm for Non-intrusive and Real-time Sensing of Bio-signals in Human-Machine Interactions", IEEE Sensors Journal, Special Issue on Cognitive Sensor Networks, 11(3), 522-529 (2011)
- Y. Lin and D. Schmidt, "Biosensor and Human Behavior Measurement", In: Kris Iniewski (Ed.), Sensors: Imaging, Photonics and Sensing Platforms, Chapter 9, 229-242 (2011) (Invited Chapter).
- Y. Lin, “Affective Driving”, Chapter 14 (Invited). In: Shuichi Fukuda (Ed.), Emotional Engineering: Service Development, Springer, 263-274 (2010).
- R. R. Mourant, Z. Yin, Y. Lin, and S. Kamarthi, "Communications and Decisions of Autonomous Objects in Virtual Environments", International Journal of Virtual Reality, 9(2), 53-62 (2010).
- G. Yang, Y. Lin, and P. Bhattacharya, “A Driver Fatigue Recognition Model Based on Information Fusion and Dynamic Bayesian Network”, Information Sciences, 180, 1942-1954 (2010).
- M. Yu, Y. Lin, X. Wang, D. Schmidt, Y. Wang "Human-robot Interaction Based on Gaze Gesture for the Drone Teleoperation", Journal of Eye Movement Research, 7(4), 2014, 1-14
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE Associate Professors Denis Erdogmus and Yingzi Lin were each awarded $50K NSF I-Corps grants, which allow for the commercialization of technology previously supported by NSF.
MIE Associate Professor Yingzi Lin was featured in the Tech Buzz/Hot Labs section of the Mechanical Engineering magazine for "Nano-Scale Transducers".