MIE Associate Professor Yung Joon Jung and affiliated Physics Associate Professor Swastik Kar have developed technology that can aid in the detection of nuclear threats.
You are here
- PhD (2003), Materials Science and Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Materials Science
- Carbon Nanostructured Materials
- Strengthening Mechanism of Materials
- Materials Research Society
- American Chemical Society
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- B. Li, Y. He, S. Lei, S. Najmaei, Y. Gong, X. Wang, J. Zhang, L. Ma, Y. Yang, S. Hong, J. Hao, G. Shi, A. George, K. Keyshar, P. Dong, L. Ge, R. Vajtai, J. Lou, Y.J. Jung, P. Ajayan, Scalable Transfer of Suspended Two Dimensional Single Crystals, Nano Letters, 15(8), 2015, 5089-5097
- H. Jung, S. Kar, J. Kong, M.S. Dresselhaus, Y.J. Jung, et al., Sculpting Carbon Bonds: Allotropic Transformation Through Solid-state re-engineering of–sp2 carbon, Nature Communications, 5(4941), 2014
- Y. Kim, H. Jung, S. Park, B. Li, F. Liu, J. Hao, Y.J. Jung, et al., Voltage-switchable Photocurrents in Single-wall Carbon Nanotube – Silicon Junctions for Analogue and Digital optoelectronics, Nature Photonics, 8, 2014, 239-243
- M.G. Hahm, H. Wang, H.Y. Jung, M. Upmanyu, Y.J. Jung, et al., Bundling Dynamics Regulates the Active Mechanics and Transport in Carbon Nanotube Networks and their Nanocomposites, Nanoscale, 4, 2012, 3584-3590, *This article was selected for Cover Page
- H.Y. Jung, M.B. Karimi, M.G. Hahm, P.M. Ajayan, Y.J. Jung, Transparent, Flexible Supercapacitors from Nano-engineered Carbon Films, Scientific Report, Nature Publishing Group, 2(773), 2012
- B. Li, M. G. Hahm, Y.L. Kim, H.Y. Jung, S. Kar, Y.J. Jung, Highly Organized Two and Three-dimensional Single-walled Carbon Nanotubes-polymer Hybrid Architectures, ACS Nano, 5, 2011, 4826-4834
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Ahmed Busnaina, Yung Joon Jung, & Siva Somu awarded patent for a “Chemical sensor based on highly organized single walled carbon nanotube networks”.
MIE Associate Professor Yung Joon Jung and his former postdoctoral researcher, Hyunyoung Jung, were published in Nanoscale for their article on "Inter-Allotropic Transformations in Heterogeneous Carbon Nanotube Networks".