MIE Assistant Professors Xiaoning "Sarah" Jin and Hongli Zhu were awarded a $544K NSF grant for "Manufacturing USA: Precision Alignment of Roll-to-Roll Printing of Flexible Paper Electronics Through Modeling and Virtual Sensor-based Control".
You are here
- 2012 PhD in Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan
- 2008 MS in Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan
- 2006 BS in Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Science
- Institute of Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing & Service Operations Management Society
- Society of Women Engineers
- X. Gu, X. Jin, J. Ni
- Estimation of Active Maintenance Opportunity Windows in Production Lines, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 45, 109-120
- Xu, M. X. Jin, S. Kamarthi, Md. Noor-E-Alam
- A Failure-Dependency Modeling and State Discretization Approach for Condition-Based Maintenance Optimization of Multi-Component Systems, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 47, 2018, 141-152
- F. Momeni, X. Jin, J. Ni, A Microscopic Approach for Genetic Degradation Modeling, International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management, 7(27), 2016, 1-9
- X. Jin, D. Siegel, B. Weiss, E. Gamel, W. Wang, J. Lee, J. Ni The Present Status and Future Growth of Maintenance in US Manufacturing: Results from a Pilot Survey, Manufacturing Review, 2016
- X. Gu, X. Jin, J. Ni, Prediction of Passive Maintenance Opportunity Windows on Bottleneck Machines in Complex Manufacturing Systems, ASME Transactions on Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 137(3), 2015, 031017
- H. Dong, X. Jin, J. Ni, Lithium-Ion Battery State of Health Monitoring and Remaining Useful Life Prediction based on Support Vector Regression-Particle Filter, Journal of Power Sources, 271, 2014, 114-123
- X. Jin, S.J. Hu, J. Ni, G. Xiao, Assembly Strategies for Product Remanufacturing with Variable Quality Returns, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 10(1), 2013, 76-85
- X. Jin, J. Ni, Joint Production and Preventive Maintenance Strategy for Manufacturing Systems with Stochastic Demand, ASME Transactions on Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 135(3), 2013
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
MIE Assistant Professor Xiaoning “Sarah” Jin and PhD student Anqi He’21 received the Best Paper Award (1st Place) at the ASME International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference (MSEC) 2019.
The very productive 2018 Multimodal Data Fusion (MMDF) workshop hosted in March 2018 at Northeastern resulted in insightful discussion and productive suggestions for moving the field of multimodal data fusion forward in the coming years.