You are here
- PhD (2001), Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- CAREER Award (2012), National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Carl Storm Underrepresented Minority Fellowship (2009), Gordon Research Conferences (GRC)
- Young Faculty Award (YFA) (2008), Defense Advanced Research Programs Agency (DARPA)
- Robert T. Knapp Award (2001), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Thermal fluid sciences – fluid mechanics, heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Experimental and laboratory techniques
- American Physical Society - Division of Fluid Dynamics (APS-DFD)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Optical Society of America (OSA)
- Sigma Xi: The Scientific Research Society
- US Association for Computational Mechanics
- Demirer, O. N., and Hidrovo, C. H., "Laser Induced Fluorescence Visualization of Ion Transport in a Pseudo-Porous Capacitive Deionization Microstructure", Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Vol. 16, No. 1-2, pp. 109-122, 2014.
- Hale, R., Bonnecaze, R. T. and Hidrovo, C. H., "Optimization of Capillary Flow through Square Micropillar Arrays", International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol. 58, pp. 39-51, 2014.
- Chhabra, A., Kanapuram, R., Kim, T. J., Geng, J., da Silva, A., Bielawski, C. andHidrovo, C., "Humidity Effects on the Wetting Characteristics of Poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) During a Lower Critical Solution Transition", Langmuir, Vol. 29, No. 25, pp. 8116-8124, 2013.
- Kim, T. J. and Hidrovo, C., "Pressure and Partial Wetting Effects on Superhydrophobic Friction Reduction in Microchannel Flow", Physics of Fluids, Vol. 24, No. 11, pp. 112003-18, 2012.
- Carroll, B. and Hidrovo, C., "Droplet Collision Mixing Diagnostics Using Single Fluorophore LIF", Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 53, No. 5, pp. 1301-1316, 2012.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Fluid mechanics and mechanics of mecroscale multiphase transport phenomena with applications in portable biochemical diagnostics, thermal management and water desalinationAffiliated With