MIE Professor Surendra M. Gupta hit 10K in Google Scholar Citation.
You are here
- PhD, Purdue University, 1977
- Best Dissertation Advisor National Award: American Society for Engineering Management
- 2000 Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award, College of Engineering
- C.B. Kalayci, O. Polat, S.M. Gupta, A Variable Neighbourhood Search Algorithm for Disassembly Lines, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 26(2), 2015, 182-194
- S.M. McGovern, S.M. Gupta, Unified Assembly-and Disassembly-line Model Formulae, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 26(2), 2015, 195-212
- O. Ondemir, S.M. Gupta, A Multi-criteria Decision Making Model for Advanced Repair-to-Order and Disassembly-to-Order System, European Journal of Operational Research, 233(2), 2014, 408-419
- C.B. Kalayci, S.M. Gupta, A Tabu Search Algorithm for Balancing a Sequence-dependent Disassembly Line, Production Planning and Control, 25(2), 2014, 149-160
- A. Korugan, S.M. Gupta, An Adaptive CONWIP Mechanism for Hybrid Production Systems, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 74(5-8), 2014, 715-727
- M.A. Ilgin, O. Ondemir, S.M. Gupta, An Approach to Quantify the Financial Benefit of Embedding Sensors into Products for End-of-Life Management: A Case Study, Production Planning and Control, 25(1), 2014, 26-43
- O. Ondemir, S.M. Gupta, Quality Management in Product Recovery using the Internet of Things: An Optimization Approach, Computers in Industry, 65(3), 2014, 491-504
- C.B. Kalayci, S.M. Gupta, Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm for Solving Sequence-dependent Disassembly Line Balancing Problem, Expert Systems With Applications, 40(18), 2013, 7231-7241
- C.B. Kalayci, S.M. Gupta, A Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm with Neighborhood-based Mutation for Sequence-dependent Disassembly Line Balancing Problem, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 69(1-4), 2013, 197-209
Dr. Surendra M. Gupta is a Professor of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering and Director of the Laboratory for Responsible Manufacturing at Northeastern University in Boston. He received his BE in Electronics Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, MBA from Bryant University and MSIE and Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University.
Dr Gupta is a recipient of the Outstanding Research Award and the Outstanding Industrial Engineering Professor Award (in recognition of Teaching Excellence).
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
MIE Professor Surendra M. Gupta was a keynote speaker at the 18th International Conference on Industrial Engineering to address the current state of Sustainability and Reverse Supply Chains.
MIE Professor Surendra M. Gupta was invited to speak at a series of lectures in The University of Electro-Communications, Kanagawa University, Tokyo University of Science and Japan Industrial Management Association.