MIE Professor Surendra M. Gupta’s new book titled “Responsible Manufacturing: Issues Pertaining to Sustainability” (co-edited with Dr. Alqahtani, Dr. Kongar, and Dr. Pochampally) was published by CRC Press.
You are here
- PhD, Purdue University, 1977
- Best Dissertation Advisor National Award: American Society for Engineering Management
- 2000 Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award, College of Engineering
- S.M. Gupta, M.A. Ilgin, Multiple Criteria Decision Making Applications in Environmentally Conscious Manufacturing and Product Recovery, CRC Press, 2018
- M.T. Dulman,and S.M. Gupta, Evaluation of Maintenance and EOL Operation Performance of Sensor-Embedded Laptops, Logistics, 2, 1(3), 2018, 1-22
- A. Ishigaki, T. Yamada, S.M. Gupta, Design of a Closed-Loop Supply Chain with Stochastic Product Returns, International Journal of Automation Technology, 11(4), 2017, 563-571
- A.Y. Alqahtani, S.M. Gupta, Optimizing Two-Dimensional Renewable Warranty Policies for Sensor Embedded Remanufactured Products, Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 10(2), 2017, 145-187
- C.B. Kalayci, O. Polat, S.M. Gupta, A Hybrid Genetic Algorithm for Sequence-Dependent Disassembly Line Balancing Problem, Annals of Operations Research, 242(2), 2016, 321-354
- M.A. Ilgin, S.M. Gupta, O. Battaia, Use of MCDM Techniques in Environmentally Conscious Manufacturing and Product Recovery: State of the Art, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 37(3), 2015, 746-758
- S.M. McGovern, S.M. Gupta, Unified Assembly-and Disassembly-Line Model Formulae, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 26(2), 2015, 195-212
- O. Ondemir, S.M. Gupta, A Multi-Criteria Decision Making Model for Advanced Repair-to-Order and Disassembly-to-Order System, European Journal of Operational Research, 233(2), 2014, 408-419
Dr. Surendra M. Gupta is a Professor of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering and Director of the Laboratory for Responsible Manufacturing at Northeastern University in Boston. He received his BE in Electronics Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, MBA from Bryant University and MSIE and Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University.
Dr Gupta is a recipient of the Outstanding Research Award and the Outstanding Industrial Engineering Professor Award (in recognition of Teaching Excellence).
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
MIE Professor Surendra M. Gupta’s new book titled “Warranty and Preventive Maintenance for Remanufactured Products: Modeling and Analysis” (co-authored with Dr. Ammar Y. Alqahtani) has just been published by CRC Press.
MIE Professor Surendra M. Gupta was invited to participate in a panel titled “Meet-the-Editors” at the IEEE 2018 International Conference on Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management (IEEM) in Bangkok, Thailand.