CEE Professor April Gu has been selected as a Water Environment Federation Fellow, for her professional achievement, stature and contributions to the preservation and enhancement of the global water environment.
You are here
- PhD, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, 2003
- MS, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Northeastern University, 1997
- BS, Environmental Engineering and Science, TsingHua University, 1993
- 2017 Water Environment Federation Fellow
- 2014 COE Faculty Fellow
- 2012 Excellence in Review Award, Environmental Science & Technology
- 2011 Early Career Development Award, College of Engineering, Northeastern University
- 2011 Soren Buus Outstanding Research Award, College of Engineering, Northeastern University
- 2010 Featured ES&T paper by ACS Chemical and Engineering News
- 2010 Certificate of Merit for Presentation at ACS 240th National Meeting-ENVR
- 2010 Best student presentation award (Carla Cherchi), ACS 240th National Meeting-ENVR
- 2010 North American SETAC Endowment Travel Award
- 2009 NSF Faculty Early CAREER Development Award
- 2005 Pathfinder Award for Creativity, HDR Engineering Inc.
- American Chemistry Society
- American Society for Engineering Education
- American Society of Microbiology
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors
- Water Environment Federation
- D. Bello, J. Lan, A.Z. Gu, P. Demoktritou P. Gaines, et al., Evaluation of Cytotoxic Genotic And Inflammatory Reponses of Nanoparticles from Photocopiers in Three Human Cell Lines, Particle and Fibre Toxicology, 10(42), 2014, 1743-8977
- S.T. O’Connor, J. Lan, M. North, A. Loguinov, L. Zhang, M. T. Smith, A.Z.Gu, C. Vulpe, Genome-wide Functional and Stress Response Profiling Reveals Toxic Mechanism and Genes Required for Tolerance to Benzo[a]pyrene in S. cerevisiae, Frontiers in Genetics, 3(316), 2013
- N. Gou, A. Onnis-Hayden, A.Z. Gu, Mechanistic Toxicity Assessment of Nanomaterials by Whole-Cell-Array Stress Genes Expression Analysis, Environmental Science and Technology, 2010, 44(15), 5964-5970
- Yildirim N, Long F, Gao C, He M, Shi HC and Gu AZ, Aptamer-based Optical Biosensor for Rapid and Sensitive Detection of 17-Estradiol in Water Samples, Environmental Science & Technology, 2010, 46(6), 3288-3294
- A. Onnis-Hayden, H. Weng, M. He, S. Hansen, V. Ilyin, K. Lewis, A. Gu, Prokaryotic Real-time Gene Expression Profiling for Toxicity Assessment, Environmental Science & Technology, 2009, 43(12), 4574-4581
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2016-2017 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Edward Beighley, CEE...
CEE Associate Professor April Gu has been elected to the Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Board of Directors. The AEESP is made up of professors in academic...