Congratulations to the several MIE faculty and students that were recognized at the INFORMS 2017 Annual Meeting.
You are here
- PhD (2012), Industrial Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- ARCS (Achievement Rewards for College Scientists) Foundation
- George Fellowship, Health Systems Institute, Georgia Institute of Technology
- National Defense Transportation Association Scholarship (Fall 2007)
- Omega: The International Journal of Management Science Best Reviewer of 2010 Award
- System Engineering in Public Programs
- Introduction to Operations Research
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)
- Institute of Industrial Engineering (IIE)
- Production and Operation Management Society (POMS)
- J. Griffin, J. Swann, P. Keskinocak, Allocating Scarce Healthcare Resources in Developing Countries: A Case for Malaria Prevention, Handbook of Healthcare Operations Management. Ed. Brian Denton, International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, Springer Science + Business Media New York 2013
- J. Griffin, P. Keskinocak, Patient-bed Assignment Policies in Hospital Systems, INFORMS 2013 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2013
- J. Griffin, P. Keskinocak, C. Stokes, N. O’Hara, A. Vats, Development of Patient-bed Assignment Algorithms to Support Bed Management Processes for Improvements in the Rate of Overflow Assignments and Average Request to Assign Metrics, Critical Care Medicine, 40(12), 2012, 48
- J.A. Griffin, S. Xia, S. Peng, P. Keskinocak, Improving Patient Flow in an Obstetric Unit, Health Care Management Science, 15(1), 2012, 1-14
- J. Griffin, P. Keskinocak, The Bed Manager’s Dilemma: A Dynamic Bed Assisgnment Problem, INFORMS 2012 Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, 2012
- D.V. Laborde, J.A. Griffin, H.K. Smalley, P. Keskinocak, G. Mathew, A Framework for Assessing Patient Crossover and Health Information Exchange Value, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 18(5), 2011, 698-703
- J. Griffin, P. Griffin, M. Savelsbergh, Optimizing Health Care Delivery in Sub Saharan Africa, INFORMS 2008 Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., 2008
- W. Glankwamdee, J. Griffin, J. Linderoth, J. Shen, Easing Rescheduling Complexity for a Bulk Gas Production and Distribution Problem, INFORMS 2006 Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, 2006
My research focuses on the development of new models and operations research methods to address the complexities of decision making in health and humanitarian systems. In particular, I examine decision making in the presence of multiple competing objectives in real-world applications. With a focus on real-time dynamic decision making, my research includes the development of new methodologies and algorithms related to optimization, Markov decision processes, queueing systems, and stochastic programming.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
MIE assistant professor Jacqueline Griffin, ECE professor David Kaeli, CAMD assistant professor Casper Harteveld, MIE professor Ozlem Ergun, and CCIS professor Stacy Marsella were awarded a $500K NSF...
ECE professors Mario Sznaier, Octavia Camps, Ali Abur, & Edmund Yeh, MIE assistant professor Jacqueline Griffin, CEE professor Jerome Hajjar, COS professor Lisa Feldman Barrett, CCIS professor...