Professors Ozlem Ergun (MIE), Haris Koutsopoulos (CEE), and Jennie Stephens (CSSH/Affiliated CEE) were awarded a $99K NSF grant for a "Planning Grant: Engineering Research Center for Sharing economy - Humans, Automation, Resilience and Engineering: SHARE".
You are here
- PhD (2012), Industrial Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- ARCS (Achievement Rewards for College Scientists) Foundation
- George Fellowship, Health Systems Institute, Georgia Institute of Technology
- National Defense Transportation Association Scholarship (Fall 2007)
- Omega: The International Journal of Management Science Best Reviewer of 2010 Award
- System Engineering in Public Programs
- Introduction to Operations Research
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)
- Institute of Industrial Engineering (IIE)
- Production and Operation Management Society (POMS)
- J. Griffin, V. Vahdatzad, S. Burns, Design of New Integrated Healthcare Facitlities with Simulation, INFORMS International Meeting, Waikaloa Village, HI, 2016
- N. Vailbeig, J. Griffin, Management of Scarce Blood Supplies Accounting for Cross-Matching Characteristics, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, 2016
- J. Griffin, V. Vahdatzad, S. Burns, Multi-Attribute Balances Scheduling in an Integrated Outpatient Clinic, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, 2016
- V. Vahdatzad, J. Griffin, Outpatient Clinic Layout Design Accounting for Flexible Policies, Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, Washington, DC, 2016
- R. Azghandi, J. Griffin, O. Ergun, Tackling Drug Shortages by Examing Resiliency and Robustness in Pharamaceutical Supply Chains, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, 2016
My research focuses on the development of new models and operations research methods to address the complexities of decision making in health and humanitarian systems. In particular, I examine decision making in the presence of multiple competing objectives in real-world applications. With a focus on real-time dynamic decision making, my research includes the development of new methodologies and algorithms related to optimization, Markov decision processes, queueing systems, and stochastic programming.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2017-2018 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Guohao Dai, BioE...
Congratulations to the several MIE faculty and students that were recognized at the INFORMS 2017 Annual Meeting.