Congratulations to the several MIE faculty and students that were recognized at the INFORMS 2017 Annual Meeting.
You are here
- PhD (2012), Industrial Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- ARCS (Achievement Rewards for College Scientists) Foundation
- George Fellowship, Health Systems Institute, Georgia Institute of Technology
- National Defense Transportation Association Scholarship (Fall 2007)
- Omega: The International Journal of Management Science Best Reviewer of 2010 Award
- System Engineering in Public Programs
- Introduction to Operations Research
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)
- Institute of Industrial Engineering (IIE)
- Production and Operation Management Society (POMS)
- J. Griffin, V. Vahdatzad, S. Burns, Design of New Integrated Healthcare Facitlities with Simulation, INFORMS International Meeting, Waikaloa Village, HI, 2016
- N. Vailbeig, J. Griffin, Management of Scarce Blood Supplies Accounting for Cross-Matching Characteristics, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, 2016
- J. Griffin, V. Vahdatzad, S. Burns, Multi-Attribute Balances Scheduling in an Integrated Outpatient Clinic, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, 2016
- V. Vahdatzad, J. Griffin, Outpatient Clinic Layout Design Accounting for Flexible Policies, Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, Washington, DC, 2016
- R. Azghandi, J. Griffin, O. Ergun, Tackling Drug Shortages by Examing Resiliency and Robustness in Pharamaceutical Supply Chains, INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, 2016
My research focuses on the development of new models and operations research methods to address the complexities of decision making in health and humanitarian systems. In particular, I examine decision making in the presence of multiple competing objectives in real-world applications. With a focus on real-time dynamic decision making, my research includes the development of new methodologies and algorithms related to optimization, Markov decision processes, queueing systems, and stochastic programming.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
MIE assistant professor Jacqueline Griffin, ECE professor David Kaeli, CAMD assistant professor Casper Harteveld, MIE professor Ozlem Ergun, and CCIS professor Stacy Marsella were awarded a $500K NSF...
ECE professors Mario Sznaier, Octavia Camps, Ali Abur, & Edmund Yeh, MIE assistant professor Jacqueline Griffin, CEE professor Jerome Hajjar, COS professor Lisa Feldman Barrett, CCIS professor...