Professors Ozlem Ergun (MIE), Haris Koutsopoulos (CEE), and Jennie Stephens (CSSH/Affiliated CEE) were awarded a $99K NSF grant for a "Planning Grant: Engineering Research Center for Sharing economy - Humans, Automation, Resilience and Engineering: SHARE".
You are here
- PhD (2012), Industrial Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- ARCS (Achievement Rewards for College Scientists) Foundation
- George Fellowship, Health Systems Institute, Georgia Institute of Technology
- National Defense Transportation Association Scholarship (Fall 2007)
- Omega: The International Journal of Management Science Best Reviewer of 2010 Award
- System Engineering in Public Programs
- Introduction to Operations Research
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)
- Institute of Industrial Engineering (IIE)
- Production and Operation Management Society (POMS)
- V. Vahdat, J. Griffin, J.E. Stahl, C. Yang, Analysis of the Effects of EHR Implementation on Timeliness of Care in a Dermatology Clinic: A Simulation Study, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 25(7),2018, 827–832
- V. Vahdat, J. Griffin, Decreasing Patient Length of Stay via New Flexible Exam Room Allocation Policies in Ambulatory Care Clinics, Health Care Management Science, 2017, 1-25
- V. Vahdat, J. Griffin, S. Burns, R. Azghandi, Proactive Patient Flow Redesign for Integration of Multiple Outpatient Clinics, Proceedings of 2017 Winter Simulation Conference (WSC), 2017, 2893-2904
My research focuses on the development of new models and operations research methods to address the complexities of decision making in health and humanitarian systems. In particular, I examine decision making in the presence of multiple competing objectives in real-world applications. With a focus on real-time dynamic decision making, my research includes the development of new methodologies and algorithms related to optimization, Markov decision processes, queueing systems, and stochastic programming.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2017-2018 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Guohao Dai, BioE...
Congratulations to the several MIE faculty and students that were recognized at the INFORMS 2017 Annual Meeting.