MIE Assistant Professor Samuel Felton is using the principles of origami to quickly reshape engineering items such as antennae arrays to maximize their scanning areas. Source: News @ Northeastern...
You are here
- 2015 PhD in Engineering Sciences, Harvard University
- 2007 ME in Biomedical Engineering, MIT
- 2007 SB in Mechanical Engineering, MIT
- F. Zuliani, C. Liu, J. Paik, S. Felton, Minimally Actuated Transformation of Origami Machines, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 3(3), 2018, 1426-1433
- C. Liu, S. Felton, A Self-Folding Robot Arm for Load-Bearing Operations, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2017, 1979-1986
- S. Felton, K. Becker, D. Aukes, R. Wood, Self-Folding with Shape Memory Composites at the Millimeter Scale, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 25(8), 2015, 085004
- M. Tolley, S. Felton, S. Miyashita, D. Aukes, D. Rus, R. Wood, Self-Folding Origami: Shape Memory Composites Activated by Uniform Heating, Smart Materials and Structures, 23, 2014, 094006
- S. Felton, M. Tolley, E. Demaine, R. Rus, R. Wood, A Method for Building Self-Folding Machines, Science, 345(6197), 2014, 644-646
- S. Felton, D. Lee, K. Cho, R. Wood, A Passive, Origami-Inspired, Continuously Variable Transmission, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2014, 2913-2918
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
MIE Assistant Professor Samuel Felton and Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri's research on " Programmable Structures: Programmable Origami Strings " was featured on the back cover of...
The Center for STEM Education kicked off its 2017 Young Scholars Program on June 26, 2017, with 26 budding scientists and engineers from high schools at a variety of cities and towns in the Greater Boston area.