MIE Assistant Professor Samuel Felton and Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri's research on " Programmable Structures: Programmable Origami Strings " was featured on the back cover of...
You are here
- 2015 PhD in Engineering Sciences, Harvard University
- 2007 ME in Biomedical Engineering, MIT
- 2007 SB in Mechanical Engineering, MIT
- S. Felton, K. Becker, D. Aukes, R. Wood, Self-Folding with Shape Memory Composites at the Millimeter Scale, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 25(8), 2015, 085004
- M. Tolley, S. Felton, S. Miyashita, D. Aukes, D. Rus, R. Wood, Self-Folding Origami: Shape Memory Composites Activated by Uniform Heating, Smart Materials and Structures, 23, 2014, 094006
- S. Felton, M. Tolley, E. Demaine, R. Rus, R. Wood, A Method for Building Self-Folding Machines, Science, 345(6197), 2014, 644-646
- S. Felton, D. Lee, K. Cho, R. Wood, A Passive, Origami-Inspired, Continuously Variable Transmission, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2014, 2913-2918
- S. Felton, M. Tolley, B. Shin, C. Onal, E. Demaine, D. Rus, R. Wood, Self-Folding with Shape Memory Composites, Soft Matter, 9(32), 2013, 7688-7694
- S. Felton, T. Gaige, T. Benner, R. Wang, T. Reese, V. Wedeen, R. Gilbert, Associating the Mesoscale Fiber Organization of the Tongue with Local Strain Rate During Swallowing, Journal of Biomechanics, 41, 2008, 1782-1789
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
The Center for STEM Education kicked off its 2017 Young Scholars Program on June 26, 2017, with 26 budding scientists and engineers from high schools at a variety of cities and towns in the Greater Boston area.
21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.