21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.
You are here
- 2015 PhD in Engineering Sciences, Harvard University
- 2007 ME in Biomedical Engineering, MIT
- 2007 SB in Mechanical Engineering, MIT
- Felton SM, Becker KP, Aukes DM, Wood RJ, “Self-Folding with Shape Memory Composites at the Millimeter Scale”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 25(8), 085004, 2015
- Tolley MT, Felton SM, Miyashita S, Aukes DM, Rus D, Wood RJ, “Self-Folding Origami: Shape Memory Composites Activated by Uniform Heating”, Smart Materials and Structures 23, 094006, 2014
- Felton SM, Tolley MT, Demaine ED, Rus D,Wood RJ, “A Method for Building Self-Folding Machines”, Science 345(6197), 644–646, 2014
- Felton SM, Tolley MT, Shin B, Onal CD, Demaine ED, Rus D, Wood RJ, “Self-Folding with Shape Memory Composites”, Soft Matter 9(32), 7688–7694, 2013
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
MIE Assistant Professor Sam Felton is researching methods for creating self-folding origami robots that can be used both at the micro scale and at large scale.
Samuel Felton joins the Mechanical & Industrial Engineering department in Fall 2016 as an Assistant Professor.