MIE assistant professor Jacqueline Griffin, ECE professor David Kaeli, CAMD assistant professor Casper Harteveld, MIE professor Ozlem Ergun, and CCIS professor Stacy Marsella were awarded a $500K NSF...
You are here
- Ph. D., Operations Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, MA, June 2001
- B. S., Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, January 1996
- Winner, EURO/INFORMS 2007 Management Science Strategic Innovation Prize given on the subject of Logistics with "Designing mechanisms for the management of carrier alliances", 2007.
- Most Cited Paper Award, Signal Processing: Image Communication given to the most cited paper published between the years 2005-2007 with \A multi-path selection for multiple description video streaming over overlay networks."
- NSF CAREER award, 2003
- Mathematical Programming Society
- M. Celik, Ö. Ergun, P. Keskinocak, The Post-disaster Debris Clearance Problem with Incomplete Information, Operations Research, 63(1), 2015, 65-85
- L. Gui, A. Atasu, Ö. Ergun, B. Toktay, Fair and Efficient Implementation of Collective Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation, Management Science, 2014, 1-56
- Ö. Ergun, L. Gui, J.L. Heier Stamm, P. Keskinocak, J.L. Swann, Improving Humanitarian Operations through Collaboration, Production and Operations Management special issue on Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management, 23(6), 2014, 1002-1014
- Ö. Özener, Ö. Ergun, M. Savelsbergh, Allocating Cost of Service to Customers in Inventory Routing, Operations Research, 61(1), 2013, 112-125
- Ö. Ergun, G. Karakus, P. Kerl, P. Keskinocak, J. Swann, et al., Disaster Response Planning in the Private Sector and the Role of Operations Research, Handbook of Operations Research for Homeland Security, Springer, 183, 2012, 197-217
- R. Agarwal, Ö. Ergun, Network Design and Allocation Mechanisms for Carrier Alliances in Liner Shipping, Operations Research, 58(6), 2010, 1726-1742
- D. Altner, Ö. Ergun, N.A. Uhan, On the Maximum Flow Network Interdiction Problem, Operations Research Letters, 38, 2010, 33-38
- R. DesRoches, Ö. Ergun, J. Swann, Haiti’s Eternal Weight, Op-ed in New York Times, July 7, 2010
Dr. Özlem Ergun’s research focuses on the design and management of large-scale networks. She has applied her work on network design, management and collaboration to problems arising in the airline, ocean cargo and trucking industries. Recently, Dr. Ergun’s work has been focused on the use of systems thinking and mathematical modeling in applications with societal impact. She has worked with organizations that respond to humanitarian crisis around the world, including: UN WFP, IFRC, CARE USA, FEMA, USACE, CDC, AFCEMA, and MedShare International.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
MIE Associate Professor Ozlem Ergun was featured in the Huffington Post for her research on "3 Ways to Fix E-Waste Regulations".
MIE Associate Professor Ozlem Ergun's paper on " The Post-Disaster Debris Clearance Problem Under Incomplete Information " was on the featured list of the INFORMS Editor's Cut ...