MIE Professor Ozlem Ergun has been appointed to a national committee tasked with capturing key lessons about supply and distribution networks under strain during Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria...
You are here
- Ph. D., Operations Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, MA, June 2001
- B. S., Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, January 1996
- Winner, EURO/INFORMS 2007 Management Science Strategic Innovation Prize given on the subject of Logistics with "Designing mechanisms for the management of carrier alliances", 2007.
- Most Cited Paper Award, Signal Processing: Image Communication given to the most cited paper published between the years 2005-2007 with \A multi-path selection for multiple description video streaming over overlay networks."
- NSF CAREER award, 2003
- Mathematical Programming Society
- M. Celik, A. Lorca, Ö. Ergun. P. Keskinocak, A Decision-Support Tool for Post-Disaster Debris Operations, Production and Operations Mangaement, 26(6), 2017, 1076-1091
- M. Jahre, J. Kembro, T. Rezvanian, Ö. Ergun, S. J. Håpnes, P. Berling, Integrating Supply Chains for Emergencies and Ongoing Operations in UNHCR , Journal of Operations Management, 45, 2016, 1-134
- M. Celik, Ö. Ergun, P. Keskinocak, The Post-Disaster Debris Clearance Problem with Incomplete Information, Operations Research, 63(1), 2015, 65-85
- L. Gui, A. Atasu, Ö. Ergun, B. Toktay, Fair and Efficient Implementation of Collective Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation, Management Science, 2014, 1-56
- Ö. Ergun, L. Gui, J.L. Heier Stamm, P. Keskinocak, J.L. Swann, Improving Humanitarian Operations Through Collaboration, Production and Operations Management special issue on Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management, 23(6), 2014, 1002-1014
Dr. Özlem Ergun’s research focuses on the design and management of large-scale networks. She has applied her work on network design, management and collaboration to problems arising in the airline, ocean cargo and trucking industries. Recently, Dr. Ergun’s work has been focused on the use of systems thinking and mathematical modeling in applications with societal impact. She has worked with organizations that respond to humanitarian crisis around the world, including: UN WFP, IFRC, CARE USA, FEMA, USACE, CDC, AFCEMA, and MedShare International.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2017-2018 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Guohao Dai, BioE...
MIE Professor Ozlem Ergun's research was featured on the cover of the Metro Boston article "Northeastern professor creates new way to help cities recover from disasters".