MIE Assistant Professor Chun-An (Joe) Chou was awarded a Collaborative Research Travel Grant from Burroughs Wellcome Fund for his research project, entitled "Data-Driven Method for Learning and...
You are here
- 2011 PhD in Industrial & Systems Engineering, Rutgers University
- 2007 MS in Operations Research, Columbia University
- Miaolin Fan, Chun-An Chou, Detecting Abnormal Patterns of Epileptic Seizures Via Temporal Synchronization of EEG Signals, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 66(3), 601-608, 2019
- Chun-An Chou, Xiaoning Jin, Amy V Mueller, Sarah Ostadabbas, Multimodal Data Fusion - Moving from Domain-Specific Algorithms to Trans-Domain Understanding for Accelerated Solution Development, IEEE Sensors Letters, 3(1) 2019
- Miaolin Fan, Albert C. Yang, Jong-Ling Fuh, Chun-An Chou, Topological Pattern Recognition of Severe Alzheimer’s Disease Via Regularized Supervised Learning of EEG Complexity, Frontiers in Neuroscience, 12, Article 685, 2018
- Sina Khanmohammadi, Chun-An Chou, Adaptive Seizure Onset Detection Framework Using a Hybrid PCA-CSP Approach, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 22(1), 154-160, 2018
- Mohammad S. Tootooni, Prahalad K. Rao, Chun-An Chou, Zhenyu Kong, A Spectral Graph Theoretic Approach for Monitoring Multivariate Time Series Data From Complex Dynamical Processes, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 15(1), 127-144, 2018
- Chun-An Chou, Tiberius O. Bonates, Chungmok Lee, W. Art Chaovalitwongse, Multi-Pattern Generation Framework for Logical Analysis of Data, Annals of Operations Research, 249(1), 329-349, 2017
- Sina Khanmohammadi, Chun-An Chou, A New Gaussian Mixture Model Based Discretization Algorithm for Associative Classification of Medical Data, Expert Systems with Applications, 58, 119-129, 2016
- Salih Tutun, Chun-An Chou, Erdal Canoyolma, A New Forecasting Framework for Volatile Behavior in Net Electricity Consumption: A Case Study in Turkey, Energy, 93, 2406-2422, 2015
- Vladimir Miskovic, Xinpei Ma, Chun-An Chou, Miaolin Fan, Max Owens, Hiroki Sayama, Brandon E. Gibb, Developmental Changes in Spontaneous Electrocortical Activity and Network Organization from Early to Late Childhood, Neuroimage, 118, 237-247, 2015
- Chun-An Chou, Kittipat Kampa, Sonya H. Mehta, Rosalia F. Tungaraza, W. Art Chaovalitwongse, Thomas J. Grabowski, Voxel Selection Framework in Multi-Voxel Pattern Analysis of fMRI Signals for Prediction of Neural Response to Visual Stimuli, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 33(4), 925-934, 2014
- Chun-An Chou, Zhe Liang, W. Art Chaovalitwongse, Tanya Y. Berger-Wolf, Bhaskar DasGupta, Saad Sheikh, Mary V. Ashley, Isabel C. Caballero, Column Generation Framework of Nonlinear similarity Model for Reconstructing Sibling Groups, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 27(1), 35-47, 2014
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
The very productive 2018 Multimodal Data Fusion (MMDF) workshop hosted in March 2018 at Northeastern resulted in insightful discussion and productive suggestions for moving the field of multimodal data fusion forward in the coming years.
21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.