21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.
You are here
- PhD (2016), Industrial Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Third prize in the 2017 IISE Pritsker Dissertation Competiton
- Second prize in the 2016 INFORMS George Nicholson Student Paper Competition
- First prize in the 2016 INFORMS ENRE Student Paper Competition
- Second place at the 2016 IISE Doctoral Colloquium Poster Competition
- Finalist in the 2015 INFORMS Interactive Session Competition
- INFORMS: Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- IEOM: Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Society
- POMS: Production and Operations Management Society
- IISE: Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers
- AMS: American Mathematical Society
- TRB: Transportation Research Board
- J. G. Carlsson, M. Behroozi, and Kresimir Mihic “Wasserstein distance and the distributionally robust TSP.” Operations Research, to appear.
- J. G. Carlsson, M. Behroozi, “Worst-case demand distributions in vehicle routing.” European Journal of Operational Research, 256.2 (2017): 462-472.
- H. Samarghandi, M. Behroozi, “On the exact solution of the no-wait flow shop problem with due date constraints.” Computers & Operations Research, 81 (2017): 141-159.
- J. G. Carlsson, M. Behroozi, R. Devulapalli, and X. Meng, “Household-level economies of scale in transportation.” Operations Research, 64.6, (2016): 1372–1387.
- J. G. Carlsson, M. Behroozi, and X. Li, “Geometric partitioning and robust ad-hoc network design.” Annals of Operations Research, 238.1 (2016): 41-68.
- H. Samarghandi, P. Taabayan, and M. Behroozi, “Metaheuristics for fuzzy dynamic facility layout problem with unequal area constraints and closeness ratings.” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 67.9-12 (2013): 2701-2715.
- M. Behroozi and K. Eshghi, “Modeling and Solving Job Shop Scheduling Problem with Sequence Dependent Setup Times.” International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Management, 21.4 (2010).
- M. Behroozi and K. Eshghi, “A New Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimization for Job Shop Scheduling Problem.” International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Management, 20.2 (2009).
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
MIE Assistant Professor Mehdi Behroozi won 3rd place at the IISE Pritsker Doctoral Dissertation Award for his PhD dissertation on “Robust Solution for Geographic Resource Allocation Problems...
MIE Assistant Professor Mehdi Behroozi won 2nd prize at the INFORMS George Nicholson Paper Competition . With over 100 applications, this is the most important INFORMS competition for recent...