Professors Ozlem Ergun (MIE), Haris Koutsopoulos (CEE), and Jennie Stephens (CSSH/Affiliated CEE) were awarded a $99K NSF grant for a "Planning Grant: Engineering Research Center for Sharing economy - Humans, Automation, Resilience and Engineering: SHARE".
You are here
- PhD (2016), Industrial Engineering, University of Minnesota
- First prize in the 2017 TSL Dissertation Award Competiton
- Honorable mention in the George B. Dantzig Dissertation Award Competiton at INFORMS 2017
- Third prize in the 2017 IISE Pritsker Dissertation Competiton
- Second prize in the George Nicholson Student Paper Competition at INFORMS 2016
- First prize in ENRE Student Paper Competition at INFORMS 2016
- First Place in the 2016 IEOM Poster Presentation Competition Award
- Second place in the 2016 IISE Doctoral Colloquium Poster Competition
- Finalist in the 2015 INFORMS Interactive Session Competition
- INFORMS: Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- IEOM: Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Society
- POMS: Production and Operations Management Society
- IISE: Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers
- AMS: American Mathematical Society
- TRB: Transportation Research Board
- J. G. Carlsson, M. Behroozi, and Kresimir Mihic “Wasserstein distance and the distributionally robust TSP.” Operations Research, to appear.
- J. G. Carlsson, M. Behroozi, “Worst-case demand distributions in vehicle routing.” European Journal of Operational Research, 256.2 (2017): 462-472.
- H. Samarghandi, M. Behroozi, “On the exact solution of the no-wait flow shop problem with due date constraints.” Computers & Operations Research, 81 (2017): 141-159.
- J. G. Carlsson, M. Behroozi, R. Devulapalli, and X. Meng, “Household-level economies of scale in transportation.” Operations Research, 64.6, (2016): 1372–1387.
- J. G. Carlsson, M. Behroozi, and X. Li, “Geometric partitioning and robust ad-hoc network design.” Annals of Operations Research, 238.1 (2016): 41-68.
- H. Samarghandi, P. Taabayan, and M. Behroozi, “Metaheuristics for fuzzy dynamic facility layout problem with unequal area constraints and closeness ratings.” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 67.9-12 (2013): 2701-2715.
- M. Behroozi and K. Eshghi, “Modeling and Solving Job Shop Scheduling Problem with Sequence Dependent Setup Times.” International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Management, 21.4 (2010).
- M. Behroozi and K. Eshghi, “A New Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimization for Job Shop Scheduling Problem.” International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Management, 20.2 (2009).
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
MIE Assistant Professor Mehdi Behroozi won the Transportation Science and Logistics (TSL) Society’s Dissertation Award at INFORMS Annual Meeting 2017 in Houston, TX. This award is the oldest...
MIE Assistant Professor Mehdi Behroozi received an honorable mention for the George B. Dantzig Dissertation Prize at INFORMS Annual Meeting 2017 in Houston, TX. This award recognizes the best...