Congratulations to the four COE teams out of eight total receiving 2018 Seed Grant funding from the Global Resilience Institute (GRI). The resilience project topics range from coastal flooding...
You are here
- PhD (2013), Engineering Management, University of Alberta, Canada
- MS (2006), Industrial & Production Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology
- BS (2004), Industrial & Production Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology
- Operations Research
- Large Scale Optimization
- Data Analytics
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Total Quality Management
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS).
- Institute of Industrial & Systems Engineers (IISE).
- Tasnim Ibn Faiz and Md. Noor-E-Alam, Data Center Supply Chain Con guration Design: A Two-Stage Decision Approach", Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, in press, 2018. doi.org/10.1016/j.seps.2018.07.008.
- Md Saiful Islam, Md Mahmudul Hasan, Xiaoyi Wang, Hayley D. Germack, and Md. Noor-E-Alam, A Systematic Review on Healthcare Analytics: Application and Theoretical Perspective of Data Mining, Healthcare, Vol. 6, pp. 1-42, 2018.
- Jose L. Crespo-Vazquez, C. Carrillo, E. Lorenzo Diaz-Dorado, Jose A. Martinez and Md. Noor-E-Alam, Evaluation of a Data Driven Stochastic Approach to Optimize the Participation of a Wind and Storage Power Plant in Day-Ahead and Reserve Markets, Energy, Vol. 156, pp. 278-291, 2018.
- Mengkai Xu, Xiaoning Jin, Sagar Kamarthi and M. Noor-E-Alam, A Failure-Dependency Modeling and State Discretization Approach for Condition-Based Maintenance Optimization of Multi-Component Systems, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 47, pp. 141-152, 2018.
- AMM Sharif Ullah and M. Noor-E-Alam, Big Data Driven Graphical Information Based Multi Criteria Decision Making, Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 63, pp. 23-38, 2018.
- Ruilin Ouyang, Tasnim Ibn Faiz and M. Noor-E-Alam, Location-Allocation Models for Healthcare Facilities with Long Term Demand, International Journal of Operational Research, in press, 2017.
- S. Shahinur, AMM Sharif Ullah, M. Noor-E-Alam, Hiroyuki Haniu and Akihiko Kubo, A Decision Model for Making Decisions Under Epistemic Uncertainty and Its Application to Select Materials, Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing, 31, 2017, 298-312
- M. Noor-E-Alam, B. Todd, J. Doucette, Integer Linear Programming Model for Grid-based Wireless Transmitter Location Problems, International Journal of Operational Research, 22(1), 2015, 48-64
- M. Noor-E-Alam, J. Doucette, Solving Large Scale Fixed Cost Integer Linear Programming Models for Grid-based Location Problems with Heuristic Techniques, Engineering Optimization, 47(8),2014, 1085-1106
- M. Noor-E-Alam, J. Doucette, An Application of Infinite Horizon Stochastic Dynamic Programming in Multi Stage Project Investment Decision Making, International Journal of Operational Research,13(4), 2012, 423-438
- M. Noor-E-Alam, A. Ma, J. Doucette, Integer Linear Programming Models for Grid-Based Light Post Location Problem, European Journal of Operational Research, 222, 2012, 17-30
- M. Noor-E-Alam, J. Doucette, Relax-and-Fix-Based Decomposition Technique for Solving Large Scale GBLPs, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 63, 2012, 1062-1073
- M. Noor-E-Alam, A.Z. Kasem, J. Doucette, ILP Model and Relaxation-based Decomposition Approach for Incremental Topology Optimization in p-Cycle Networks, Journal of Computer Networks and Communication, 2012, 1-10, 2012
- M. Noor-E-Alam, T.F. Lipi, Md. A.A. Hasin, A.M.M. Sharif Ullah, Algorithms for Fuzzy Multi Expert Multi Criteria Decision Making (ME-MCDM), Knowledge-Based Systems, 24(3), 2011, 367-377
Md. Noor-E-Alam is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering at the Northeastern University. Prior to his current role, he was working as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, affiliated with Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL), Operations Research Center (ORC), and Sloan School of Management. He has completed his PhD in Engineering Management in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alberta (UofA) in 2013. His current research interests lie in the intersection of operations research and data analytics, particularly as applied to healthcare, manufacturing systems and supply chain. Before coming to the UofA, he served as a faculty member (first as a Lecturer and then as an Assistant Professor) in the Department of Industrial and Production Engineering at Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET). He also previously received a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Industrial and Production Engineering from BUET.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Analytics Best Track Paper Award, 2016 IEOM Detroit Conference.
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, 2013-2015.
Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship, 2009-2011.
21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.
MIE Assistant Teaching Professor Mohammad Dehghani was awarded the IEOM Outstanding Track Chair Award and was awarded 2nd place for the IEOM Doctoral Dissertation Competition Award at the...