The Bachelor of Science Programs in Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates will demonstrate technical excellence in their chosen fields, anticipate and respond to societal changes and develop careers with depth and flexibility, while retaining a professional and intellectual thrust throughout. Specifically,
- Graduates will contribute to the advancement of the Mechanical Engineering (Industrial Engineering) field and provide leadership and innovation to the benefit of their employers, the professional community, and society.
- Graduates will engage in activities that promote professional development and personal growth.
At the conclusion of the program in mechanical engineering or industrial engineering, students will have demonstrated, through class and project work, that they have acquired:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
Student enrollment and graduation data for these programs are posted here.